Restaurant Equipment Mechanical Solutions
What we Offer
Refrigeration & HVAC
- Walk-in Coolers & Freezers
- Reach-in Coolers & Freezers
- Mug & Plate Coolers
- Rooftop Units
- Make-up Air/Heat Units
- Small Chillers (Microbrews)
- Small Broilers
- Hot Water Heaters
Hot & Misc. Equipment
- Flat Grilles
- Tilt Kettles
- Heat Lamps
- Convection Ovens
- Hot Wells
- Meat Slicers
- Some Mixers
- Ice Machines
Other Services We Provide
- Mechanical Services
- Design and Construction
- Sheet Metal
- Diagnostics and Testing
According to the World Health Organization, one in ten people become ill after eating contaminated food, and an estimated 420,000 people die from it each year. If your food-handling and kitchen equipment don’t comply with sanitation and safety standards, your business could be contributing to that scary statistic.
Restaurant equipment like walk-in freezers, broilers, chillers and heaters need to be working properly to ensure that food storage and preparation are safe.
If you’re looking for a company to install and maintain your appliances, then you need to partner with Design Mechanical, Inc. We provide restaurant equipment repair and maintenance services for businesses across Kansas City.
When to Get Your Restaurant Equipment Serviced
Your restaurant equipment contributes significantly to your kitchen’s efficiency and your food’s cleanliness. Mechanical and electrical appliances, as durable as they are, can degrade over time. They need to be maintained to ensure that they are working perfectly every time they are used.
Here are some signs that indicate your restaurant equipment needs to be serviced:
- Poor performance – If your fryer isn’t coming up to temperature as quickly or your fridge isn’t providing the right temperatures, they may have broken parts that need fixing or replacing.
- Energy bill spikes – Some appliances use more power to compensate for underperforming or outright broken equipment. This can cause a spike in your energy bills. Monitor your equipment closely to determine which one is the culprit.
- Troubling sounds – It’s normal for electrical and mechanical equipment to make sounds during operation. However, if you hear noises that sound like grinding gears, whining, or loud rumbling, a component may be misaligned or broken. The machine in question needs to be turned off and examined by a professional.
- Unusual smells – No matter how fragrant the delicious food in your restaurant might be, the troubling smells of broken equipment always cut through the enticing aroma. If you smell burning plastic or gas, shut off the appliance responsible for it immediately. These may pose a safety risk to your employees and guests.
- Moldy walls – Musty smells and mold-stained walls and floors are telltale signs of leaks. It could come from your kitchen sinks, air conditioning equipment, refrigerators, and other appliances that use water.
Don’t let these illness-causing organisms come into contact with the food you serve. Call an expert to fix it immediately.
If you’re going to trust anyone with your kitchen equipment, let it be Design Mechanical, Inc. We provide expert appliance installation services. Our staff also perform regular maintenance and emergency repairs to reduce your restaurant’s downtime and improve your food safety ratings.
Call us today or fill out our form to schedule a free consultation.